We’re taking a stand against bad fits and broken things. We demand a change in standards, clothes that fit better and last longer. Clothes that save water, carbon, textiles, time and money from going to waste. We want to make change the new standard.
Our mission is to enable the enjoyment of fashion without damage to people or the planet.
At SOJO, our approach to work is orientated around cultivating key behaviours; to that end, we are: Striving for excellence In all that we do. We expect you to go the extra mile and figure out how you can have the greatest impact in your role. We always expect a dedicated approach and a high quality of work and service. Our approach is:
- People orientated - We’re all humans first. So we deeply consider the perspectives of others, listen openly, and speak with care. We help different members of the team if they need it and celebrate each others wins.
- Results driven - At SOJO, our impact is the greatest barometer for success and we believe in focussing on the outcome and output of all our work. We always go for the most efficient and productive route and we reward results with positive feedback.
- Transparency - We can’t always get things right but we believe in always prioritising the openness that enables us to have genuine and transparent conversations. We’re honest with ourselves and with others and we don’t look to find blame but instead focus on how we can always do better.
- Optimism & Joy - Our motivations and work may be as serious as it gets, but we approach the task with a positive attitude. We always believe there is a way to get around every problem and approach things with a solutions focussed-mindset. Both personal and professional human relationships are built on the pleasure of conversation, of shared laughter and emotional appreciation.
SOJO is looking for a UI/UX designer to join our growing team. You will be responsible for co-designing and co-creating our user interface and experience for our website, plugin, online booking platform and app, including: scoping out and documenting business needs; designing wireframes and web content; using data to further iterate and improve our product; and contributing to overall company strategy and product development.
Working for a startup is equally challenging and rewarding. You will have high levels of autonomy and trust allowing you to maximise your potential and create the systems and structures to enable us to deliver on our ambitious goals.
We would expect a successful candidate to be able to demonstrate the following qualities:
- Passionate about customer experience: ease of use is a key driver for our customers, and we want to keep continually evolving to provide a frictionless customer experience. You should be passionate about talking to customers and considering their needs;
- Ability to manage multiple workstreams, executing work to tight timelines: it is likely you will have a few different projects at any one time, so an ability to prioritise work efficiently is a must;
- Analytical: we use data to find and unblock bottlenecks - you will be comfortable analysing data and using it to iterate our product; and
- Excellent communication skills: our UI/UX designer will manage multiple stakeholders, keeping them informed of progress, decisions and business outcomes.
Working in a small team means that you get the opportunity to contribute across contexts, this role will be varied and will have responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Customer discovery: our UI/UX hire will be in charge of gathering insights from customers and translating these into business requirements;
- Content creation and iteration: you will be responsible for designing and delivering UI/UX strategy and content;
- Testing: as part of this role, you will help test and improve UI/UX content; and
- Process optimisation: you will help us to continually improve our tech processes to help us run efficiently.
At SOJO, we believe in competency over years served. The following are some themes of experience we think a successful candidate may have, if you don’t fit into these categories but have other life experience that makes you confident you would add value in the role then make sure to still apply.
UI/UX design experience: the successful candidate will have a strong background in graphic design and customer research.
Previous experience: we are committed to training all our team members and believe we all learn on the job; however, we are looking for individuals with at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role/industry
What we offer
- A salary of £40,000 PA, pro rata’d
- An awesome office in Dalston - we are all in three days a week